Search Results

Monday, August 8, 2011

Alternate Mist Blender Build

Hey, how's everyone? Well, I just recently managed to expose to Blender's UI a couple of extra (unnecessary) mist settings.
These are wholly unnecessary, and this was basically just more of a project to test out than anything really interesting, it turns out. However, now that I know what I do know, I should be able to work on something more interesting.

Basically, Blender was using the best OpenGL fog (mist) setting, which allows users to specify where the mist starts and ends. In this build, I created two new interfaces next to the usual Mist settings - one is to specify mist density, and the other is mist type. The two unused extra mist types (EXP and EXP2) only work on non-GLSL modes, and you can only use the new density slider to adjust it. Still, it's something to mess around with.

That's it for now. Here's the build, for Windows XP and above, 32-bit.

NOTE: I am not responsible for any damage to your system by this build, by the way. I virus-scanned it, though, if that's any consolation. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment