Search Results

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Cross-scene Object Linking Blender Add-on

Hey. So I was making a game in Blender when I found that I needed to have an object like a particle or a weapon in a blank layer across all of my scenes.
So, I manually linked it - no problem. Then, I created another scene or object, and I had to do it again. You can quickly see where the problem comes in - that's why I decided to make an add-on that currently works for Blender 2.57 to link the selected object across all scenes in the same layer.

EDIT: I forgot to say how to install the add-on! For Windows, you can do that by using the 'Install Add-On' button in the User Preferences menu.

You can download the add-on here.

2 comments:

  1. hey dude, where did you find all the info for the libraries...

    im more concerned with all the properties of an object, scaling and rotation and movement etc.... just want a conclusive list to refer to

    ReplyDelete
  2. Info for the libraries? I'm sorry, but I'm not quite sure what you're referring to. Do you mean how to install the add-on? I'll add that in.

    ReplyDelete