Search Results

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Getting New Blender Builds

Hey. So, I was using Blender today, and I was unfortunate to happen upon a bug in the Audaspace sound module, but I was able to get around the bug quite a bit easier than expected.

The bug was that when I would try to play back more than one sound several times in my game, it would crash Blender. So, while I was a bit disappointed, I realized that I was using the most recent blender.org download of Blender, which is only released every so often (the last one being released a few months ago, back in 2010). While these downloads usually sport the largest differences in bug fixes and feature additions (and are tried and tested to work), they are also infrequently released, this current time in particular, as this is the beta period for version 2.56 of Blender. So, I thought that it would be a good idea to try a build from Graphicall.org. Graphicall is a site that hosts builds of Blender that are much more frequent - they are usually used for testing purposes, or for extra, non built-in features that aren't officially supported by the Blender Foundation.

I downloaded the 2.56.2 SVN r35339 release there, and installed it. Fortunately for me, the bug was fixed, and the sounds played back fine. So, if you want to try out the newest edge of Blender builds, get a download at the GraphicAll webpage here.

No comments:

Post a Comment